There’s a new pizza place in town and it’s proving itself to be no ordinary joint.
With its signature fresh thin crust offered in a choice of honey oat, dusted cornmeal or gluten free and a combination of 32 different toppings (forgive me but I must list just a few: grilled eggplant, grilled zucchini, snow peas, artichoke, pear, avocado, spicy havarti, brie, goat cheese, arugula, fresh tarragon (!), coriander-yogurt drizzle (!!), roasted portobello, shiitake, cashews, pecans, chorizo sausage, tandoori chicken, prosciutto, sirloin steak…). Good heavens, where was I going with this? Right. This new pizza place is quickly ascending to wild popularity.
If you were ever looking for an excuse to treat yourself, this may well be the spot.
But wait, I haven’t even gotten to my favourite part yet!
Pizza hysteria aside, it’s the salads that have stolen the show for this gal. You can always tell the mark of a quality restaurant by the time and effort they put into their sides. And ZaZaZa Pizza nails it. The complimentary house coleslaw with chili-lime vinaigrette is lip-smacking, eye-watering delicious (yup, I like it that much) and the plat de résistance for me, the Feta Crunch Salad with Lemon-LuLu Dressing may well be the best Greek inspired salad I have ever tasted.
So today, I’m putting my own spin on this bountiful and nutritious Greek salad – a relatively painless task given our family’s deep affection for this delicious dish.
I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
Revamped Greek Salad with Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette
For the Salad:
- 3 large tomatoes, diced or 1 carton of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 1 cucumber, sliced and chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 orange bell pepper, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced or chopped as desired
- 1/2 cup (about 70 grams) crumpled or cubed feta cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced Kalamata olive
For the Lemon-Tarragon Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp white rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh tarragon, finely chopped
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp grainy Dijon
- Sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Assemble all salad ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
In a separate small container with fitted lid, place all vinaigrette ingredients. Cover lid and shake well before drizzling vinaigrette over salad.
Distribute salad into individual bowls and enjoy.