4 large tortillas (about 9″), preferably whole grain
- 1.5 cups refried beans
- 1 pound or 450 grams chopped cooked boneless, skinless chicken (we used pre-cooked frozen chicken sautéed in a little olive oil)
- 1 cup Jack cheese, (or low-fat cheese of choice, as preferred)
- 1/4 cup pickled sliced jalapeno chiles, chopped, plus more for decorating
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- Handful fresh cilantro
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup of your favourite salsa
Preheat oven to 425 F.
Spray a baking sheet lightly with olive or canola oil. Place one tortilla on baking sheet and spread a half cup refried beans on top. Dividing chicken into roughly three even portions, top beans with one portion of chicken followed by a quarter cup of cheese. Add a sprinkling of chopped jalapenos, olives and cilantro.
I love the set-up with the tortillas, chicken/cheese in the background.
|I love the unique presentation of this quesadilla|
|Protein rich chicken, beans and Greek yogurt|